LUMICKS is looking for a DevOps engineer to complement our R&D and software engineering teams. Together with the teams, you will be responsible for setting up, maintaining and improving our infrastructure for software development and deployment. You will be involved in defining requirements, choosing appropriate technologies, and implementing solutions.
Dynamic Start-up Environment
We are a fast-growing spin-off with an informal culture, a lot of different nationalities and a strong focus on customer service and personal growth. You will get the freedom and responsibility in structuring and leading your own work and the opportunity to be involved in diverse projects.
Become part of a young and high-energy team of 50+ bright minds who are building new and truly game-changing high-tech products. Interested in how our instruments contribute to research? Check out various publications using our technology.
Perks & Benefits
LUMICKS provides competitive compensation and many opportunities to grow. We’ve got great coffee, great lunch, an awesome ping pong table and a vintage Gamecube.
Whether you are looking to engage with fundamental science or with a company that makes an impact on society & healthcare, LUMICKS offers both. Our vision is to provide tools that enable life scientists to make groundbreaking discoveries in research and in drug development.
We are looking for candidates that fulfill some or all of the following:
- Deploying and maintaining cross-platform continuous integration systems
- Configuration management systems, SaltStack is a plus
- Writing automation scripts (Python, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Containerization and/or virtualization technologies.
- You enjoy working in a small, agile and international team and are passionate about technology
- You are aware of industry best practices
- You want to make an excellent product, like to work in a dynamic environment, and have the right getting-things-done mentality to meet occasional demanding deadlines
- You have excellent communication skills.
- Maintaining and improving our continuous integration infrastructure
- Setting up and maintaining the infrastructure for rolling out software updates to systems in the field
- Creating infrastructure for remote monitoring of system health, and for remote system diagnostics
- Maintaining and improving our install base configuration management systems
- Maintaining and supporting testing infrastructure (unit testing, integration testing)
- Deploying and maintaining data management infrastructure for scientific data
- Setting up infrastructure for collection of logs and telemetry.
- C++17 (MSVC and Clang)
- Python 3
- The main target for our software is Windows 10, with additional Linux and Mac support required for some of our products
- GitHub, Atlassian Jira.