LUMICKS is looking for a passionate C++ developer with strong engineering skills. Together with our software team, you will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the advanced microscopy software for our products.
LUMICKS has come to market as the supplier of instruments for dynamic single-molecule and cell research – a rapidly evolving niche in the fundamental biology research field. Our high-performance instruments allow for the investigation into the fundamental cause of disease and the potential for drug optimization. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: To improve human health by unlocking dynamic single-molecule and cell analysis. With the ever-increasing adoption of our technologies by leading institutes from all over the world, including Berkeley, Max-Planck, Rockefeller University, and ShanghaiTech, LUMICKS is now expanding its team.
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
What are my tasks & responsibilities?
- Designing, implementing, testing and maintaining our instrument control software
- Interfacing with new hardware, firmware development
- Working with our business developers and designers to create novel user interfaces that allow easy operation of complex instruments
- Software-related customer support, including on-site support of instrument users
- Optimizing software engineering processes
What about my skills & competencies?
- You graduated with a BSc or MSc degree in software engineering or a related discipline or can show equivalent professional experience
- You have a strong focus on the practical aspects of software engineering and you are aware of industry best practices
- Working experience with modern C++ (C++11 and later)
- Experience with Python and Qt is an advantage
- You enjoy working in a small and agile team and are passionate about technology
- You want to make an excellent product, like to work in a dynamic environment, and have the right getting-things-done mentality to meet occasional demanding deadlines
- You have excellent communication skills
Autonomy, ownership & responsibility
Be the leader of your own projects, and own them like no other. Whether you’re developing software or business, you are responsible for your work and the direction it goes.
With new positions opening up weekly and the company still growing exponentially, there are lots of opportunities to broaden your skill set.
Flat organization & open culture
At LUMICKS engagement is key. We try to align everyone on our dreams and strategies to unlock single-molecule and single-cell research.
Opportunities for creativity and innovation
A role within a fast-growing high-tech company
Beautiful open workspace in Amsterdam
An international work environment with 25+ different nationalities