Read the latest publications from LUMICKS instrument users
Be it big or small. Great science is our ultimate goal.
- DNA/RNA–protein interactions
- Cellular structure and transport
- Protein droplets and phase separation
- Protein folding and conformational changes
- Other applications
- Lin, SN. et al. Direct visualization of the effect of DNA structure and ionic conditions on HU–DNA interactions. Scientific Reports, 2021
- Losito, M. et al. Cas12a Target Search and Cleavage on Force-Stretched DNA. PCCP, 2021
- Newton, M. D. et al. A Minimal Load-and-Lock RuII Luminescent DNA Probe. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed, 2021
- Backer, A. S. et al. Elucidating the Role of Topological Constraint on the Structure of Overstretched DNA Using Fluorescence Polarization Microscopy.J. Phys. Chem. B, 2021
- de Asis Balaguer, F. et al. CTP promotes efficient ParB-dependent DNA condensation by facilitating one-dimensional diffusion from parS. eLife, 2021
- Quail, T. et al. Force generation by protein–DNA co-condensation. Nature Physics, 2021
- Belan, O. et al. Generation of versatile ss-dsDNA hybrid substrates for single-molecule analysis. STAR Protocols, 2021
- Keenen, M. M. et al. HP1 proteins compact DNA into mechanically and positionally stable phase separated domains. eLife, 2021.
- Renger, R. et al. Co-condensation of proteins with single- and double-stranded DNA. bioRxiv, 2021.
- Belan, O. et al. Single-molecule analysis reveals cooperative stimulation of Rad51 filament nucleation and growth by mediator proteins. Molecular Cell, 2021.
- Sánchez, H. et al. DNA replication origins retain mobile licensing proteins. Nature Communications, 2021.
- Ye, S. et al. Proximal Single-Stranded RNA Destabilizes Human Telomerase RNA G-Quadruplex and Induces Its Distinct Conformers. J. Phys. Chem. Lett, 2021.
- Lin, X. et al. Cooperative DNA looping by PRC2 complexes. Nucleic Acids Research, 2021.
- Kretzer, B. et al. Single-Molecule Mechanics in Ligand Concentration Gradient. Micromachines, 2020.
- Qin, Z. et al. Human RPA activates BLM’s bidirectional DNA unwinding from a nick. eLife, 2020.
- Rill, N. et al. Alkyltransferase-like protein clusters scan DNA rapidly over long distances and recruit NER to alkyl-DNA lesions. PNAS, 2020.
- Khawaja, A. et al. Distinct pre-initiation steps in human mitochondrial translation. Nature Communications, 2020.
- Spakman, D. et al. Constructing arrays of nucleosome positioning sequences using Gibson Assembly for single-molecule studies. Scientific Reports, 2020.
- Zhang, S. et al. Dynamics of Staphylococcus aureus Cas9 in DNA target Association and Dissociation. EMBO Rep, 2020.
- Newton, M. et al. DNA stretching induces Cas9 off-target activity. Nature Structural & Molecular Biology, 2019.
- Zheng, Q. et al. Reversible histone glycation is associated with disease-related changes in chromatin architecture. Nature Communications, 2019.
- Kosinski R. et al. Sites of high local frustration in DNA origami. Nature Communications, 2019.
- Wasserman, M. et al.Replication Fork Activation Is Enabled by a Single-Stranded DNA Gate in CMG Helicase. Cell, 2019.
- Marchetti, M. et al.Real-Time Assembly of Viruslike Nucleocapsids Elucidated at the Single-Particle Level. Nano Letters, 2019.
- Gutierreu-Flux™Escribano, P. et al.A conserved ATP- and Scc2/4-dependent activity for cohesin in tethering DNA molecules. Science Advances, 2019.
- Zhang, Q. et al. The post-PAM interaction of RNA-guided spCas9 with DNA dictates its target binding and dissociation. Science Advances, 2019.
- Leicher, R. et al. Single-molecule and in silico dissection of the interaction between Polycomb repressive complex 2 and chromatin. PNAS, 2019.
Cellular structure and transport publications
- Schepers, A. V. et al. Multiscale mechanics and temporal evolution of vimentin intermediate filament networks. PNAS, 2021
- Budaitis, B. G. et al. Pathogenic Mutations in the Kinesin-3 Motor KIF1A Diminish Force Generation and Movement Through Allosteric Mechanisms. bioRxiv, 2021.
- Lam, A. J. et al. A Highly Conserved 310-Helix Within the Kinesin Motor Domain is Critical for Kinesin Function and Human Health. bioRxiv, 2021.
- Kučera, O. et al. Anillin propels myosin-independent constriction of actin rings. Nature Communications, 2021
- Nguyen, A. et al. Multi-oscillation microrheology via Acoustic Force Spectroscopy enables frequency-dependent measurements on endothelial cells at high-throughput. Lab on a Chip, 2021.
- Schaedel, L. et al. Vimentin Intermediate Filaments Stabilize Dynamic Microtubules by Direct Interactions. Nature Communications, 2021.
- Sorkin, R. et al.Synaptotagmin-1 and Doc2b Exhibit Distinct Membrane-Remodeling Mechanisms. Biophysical Journal, 2020.
- Schepers, A. et al. Tuning intermediate filament mechanics by indirect and direct charge variations. Nanoscale, 2020.
- Mei, L. et al. Molecular mechanism for direct actin force-sensing by α-catenin. eLife, 2020.
- Kraxner, J. et al. Post-Translational Modifications Soften Vimentin Intermediate Filaments. Nanoscale, 2020.
- Kučera, O. et al. Anillin propels myosin-independent constriction of actin rings. bioRxiv, 2020.
- Forsting, J. et al. Vimentin Intermediate Filaments Undergo Irreversible Conformational Changes during Cyclic Loading. Nano Letters, 2019.
- Lorenz, C. et al. Lateral Subunit Coupling Determines Intermediate Filament Mechanics. Physical Review Letters, 2019.
- Block, J. et al. Viscoelastic properties of vimentin originate from nonequilibrium conformational changes. Science Advances, 2018.
- Block, J. et al. Nonlinear Loading-Rate-Dependent Force Response of Individual Vimentin Intermediate Filaments to Applied Strain. Physical Review Letters, 2017.
Protein droplets and phase separation publications
- Ghosh, A. et al. Shear relaxation governs fusion dynamics of biomolecular condensates. Nature Communications, 2021.
- Alshareedah, I. et al. Quantifying Viscosity and Surface Tension of Multi-Component Protein-Nucleic Acid Condensates. Biophysical Journal, 2021.
- Rhine, K. et al. Single-molecule and ensemble methods to probe RNP nucleation and condensate properties. Methods, 2021.
- Alshareedah, I. et al. Phase transition of RNA−protein complexes into ordered hollow condensates. PNAS, 2020.
- Ghosh, A. and Zhou, H.-X. Determinants for Fusion Speed of Biomolecular Droplets. The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2020.
- Jawerth, L. et al. Protein condensates as aging Maxwell fluids. Science, 2020.
- Kaur, T. et al. Sequence-encoded and Composition-dependent Protein-RNA Interactions Control Multiphasic Condensate Topologies. bioRxiv, 2020.
- Kaur, T. et al. Molecular Crowding Tunes Material States of Ribonucleoprotein Condensates. Biomolecules, 2019.
- Gui, X., et al. Structural basis for reversible amyloids of hnRNPA1 elucidates their role in stress granule assembly. Nature Communications, 2019.
- Alshareedah, I. et al.Interplay between Short-Range Attraction and Long-Range Repulsion Controls Reentrant Liquid Condensation of Ribonucleoprotein–RNA Complexes. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2019.
- Jawerth, L. et al. Salt-Dependent Rheology and Surface Tension of Protein Condensates Using Optical Traps. Physical Review Letters, 2018.
Protein folding and conformational changes publications
- Maciuba, K. et al. Facile tethering of stable and unstable proteins for optical tweezers experiments. Biophysical Journal, 2021.
- Wruck, F. et al. The ribosome modulates folding inside the ribosomal exit tunnel. bioRxiv, 2021.
- Avellaneda, M. et al. Simultaneous sensing and imaging of individual biomolecular complexes enabled by modular DNA–protein coupling. Communications Chemistry, 2020.
- Avellaneda, M. et al. Processive extrusion of polypeptide loops by a Hsp100 disaggregase. Nature, 2020.
- Fernandez de Larrea C. et al. Defining an Optimal Dual-Targeted CAR T-cell Therapy Approach Simultaneously Targeting BCMA and GPRC5D to Prevent BCMA Escape-Driven Relapse in Multiple Myeloma. Blood Cancer Discovery, 2020.
- Kamsma D. et al. Single-Cell Acoustic Force Spectroscopy: Resolving Kinetics and Strength of T Cell Adhesion to Fibronectin. Cell Reports, 2018.
Other DSM application publications
- Vasse, G. F. et al. Single Cell Reactomics: Real‐Time Single‐Cell Activation Kinetics of Optically Trapped Macrophages. small methods, 2021.
- Dai, X. et al. Optical tweezers-controlled hotspot for sensitive and reproducible surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy characterization of native protein structures. Nature Communications, 2021.