Optical Tweezers -
The C-Trap™ is the world’s first instrument that allows simultaneous manipulation and visualization of molecular interactions in real-time. It combines high-resolution optical tweezers, confocal microscopy or STED nanoscopy with an advanced microfluidics system in a truly integrated and correlated solution.
Revealing the complete picture
The C-Trap™ is the world’s first instrument that combines optical tweezers, confocal microscopy or STED nanoscopy (C-Trap™ SR) and an advanced microfluidics system in a truly integrated and correlated way. The C-Trap™ is capable of live, simultaneous and correlative visualization and manipulation of molecular interactions such as DNA-protein interactions with sub-picoNewton force resolution and sub-nanometer position resolution.
Featuring unmatched force stability, ultra-fast sensors, precise control over temperature, and an entirely new software suite, the C-Trap™ G2 enables you to:
• Sense the smallest molecular conformation changes and the rarest and most transient molecular states.
• Measure under physiological conditions and to investigate temperature-dependent interactions.
• Access scripting, full automation, and improved data management for the highest ease-of-use and throughput.
Correlative Tweezers – Fluorescence Microscopy (CTFM) reveals unprecedented detailed information on a wide range of molecular mechanisms, including, but not limited to: DNA repair, DNA organization, chromatin organization, DNA replication, DNA transcription, DNA-DNA interactions, DNA/RNA structural dynamics, DNA hairpin dynamics, biomolecular motors, protein folding, protein unfolding, ribosome translation, intermediate filaments, cell membrane interactions and cell motility mechanisms.
Browse our list of detailed C-Trap™ applications below.
Single restriction proteins bound to a DNA molecule. Optically trapped between two microspheres and visualized using single colour confocal microscopy, both done simultaneously in the C-Trap™ instrument.
The C-Trap™ can be adapted to your needs, allowing for up to four individually controllable traps, single to multi-color confocal fluorescence microscopy or an upgrade to STED super-resolution.
• Multiple continuous optical traps, dual (2) or quadruple (4) configurations
• Unparalleled range of trap stiffness and low force noise
• Absolute 3D trap positioning
• Multicolor (up to 3 colors) confocal scanning fluorescence microscopy
• Single-photon sensitivity
• Upgradable to STED super resolution
• Ultra-stable passive pressure driven microfluidics
• Monolithic laminar flow cell with automated valve switching
• Truly correlative force-fluorescence data acquisition
• Force detection with an extremely high escape force (> 1000 pN) and force stability (< 0.3 pN over minutes)
• Precise temperature control for measuring samples in biologically relevant conditions, without compromising on performance
• Ultra-fast sensor with a sampling frequency of up to 2.5 MHz
Bluelake Software Suite
Designed from the ground up, our brand new software suite Bluelake provides intuitive controls that bring you closer to your experiment and enable the highest experimental throughput. Manipulate your sample directly with simple mouse and joystick movements, and fully automate your measurement with our powerful Python scripting engine.
With a click of a button, you perform complex single-molecule experiments and gather simultaneous force, bright-field, and instrument status data streams. The new timeline feature ensures you can focus on the data that matters, and never lose anything of value.
The Bluelake interface, providing full control and data visualization spread over two screens