Technical Service & Application Support Engineer
In this role you are the first customer contact for technical and application support questions. You help the customer with their issues, backed by the service and R&D team at LUMICKS. Furthermore, you take ownership to drive long term global customer satisfaction by interacting directly with customers and driving execution of service and support to the highest possible standards. This requires technical skills and thorough understanding of the instruments as well as a knowledge of basic biology. Your knowledge will grow in the function over time and train new team members in the future.
Dynamic Start-up Environment
We are a fast-growing spin-off with an informal culture, a lot of different nationalities and a strong focus on customer service and personal growth. You will get the freedom and responsibility in structuring and leading your own work and the opportunity to be involved in diverse projects.
Become part of a young and high-energy team of 50+ bright minds who are building new and truly game-changing high-tech products. Interested in how our instruments contribute to research? Check out various publications using our technology.
Perks & Benefits
LUMICKS provides competitive compensation and many opportunities to grow. We’ve got great coffee, great lunch, an awesome ping pong table and a vintage Gamecube.
Whether you are looking to engage with fundamental science or with a company that makes an impact on society & healthcare, LUMICKS offers both. Our vision is to provide tools that enable life scientists to make groundbreaking discoveries in research and in drug development.
- Bachelor or Master degree in (Bio)Physics or Nanobiology or related study;
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written;
- Be able to effectively issue diagnosis and quick solution finding to problems as they arise during installations and during system breakdowns;
- Great understanding of the (biological) experimental workflow of customers;
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail;
- Exceptional time management and be able to independently set priorities;
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented and collaborative environment;
- Flexible in traveling at short notice (< 10%)
- Provide first line remote issue diagnosis, troubleshooting, and repair support;
- Coordinate on-site repair visits by our technical specialists;
- Testing (remote / on-site) complex equipment and quality assurance procedures to ensure and sustain long term customer satisfaction;
- Set up and manage a system for effective Installed Base management;
- Define and own remote diagnose program;
- Travel occasionally, often on short notice, to customer sites to resolve problems or support other field service personnel, <10%;
- Potentially perform installations and training on site;
- Own service data to analyze and initiate quality improvement projects that improve serviceability and diagnostic capabilities – all the way to product redesign if needed;
- Maintain and develop positive working relationships with customers, system users, local distributors as well as suppliers.