Senior LabVIEW Developer
LUMICKS is looking for a senior LabVIEW software engineer. Together with our software team, you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of cutting-edge software for biomedical applications.
Become part of a young and high-energy team of 50+ bright minds who are building new and truly game-changing high-tech products. Interested in how our instruments contribute to research? Check out various publications using our technology.
Perks & Benefits
LUMICKS provides competitive compensation and many opportunities to grow. We’ve got great coffee, great lunch, an awesome ping pong table and a vintage Gamecube.
Whether you are looking to engage with fundamental science or with a company that makes an impact on society & healthcare, LUMICKS offers both. Our vision is to provide tools that enable life scientists to make groundbreaking discoveries in research and in drug development.
Dynamic Start-up Environment
We are a fast-growing spin-off with an informal culture, a lot of different nationalities and a strong focus on customer service and personal growth. You will get the freedom and responsibility in structuring and leading your own work and the opportunity to be involved in diverse projects.
We are looking for candidates that fulfill some or all of the following:
- You graduated with a BSc or MSc degree in science, software engineering, or other engineering discipline;
- You have a strong focus on the practical aspects of software engineering;
- Extensive experience with LabVIEW;
- Experience with other programming languages (Python, C, C++) is an advantage;
- Basic experience with version control systems (Subversion, Git).
- You enjoy working in a small and agile team and are passionate about technology;
- You want to make an excellent product, like to work in a dynamic environment and have the right getting-thins-done mentality to meet occasional demanding deadlines;
- You have excellent communication skills.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- As part of the software engineering team, you take on tasks spanning all aspects of software development, including design of user interfaces, testing, and hardware interfacing;
- You work in close collaboration with our research scientists and engineers to find solutions to technical and computational challenges;
- Together with the software and R&D teams, you set requirements, and schedule your work using agile methodologies;
- You provide support to engineers and research scientists in testing and troubleshooting of hardware and software;
- You maintain technical documentation of the code and architecture.