Scientific Marketing Content Writer
As a Scientific Marketing Content Writer, you will be responsible for content creation within the marketing department. You will work closely with marketers, application scientists, designers, product managers to distill novel and cutting-edge scientific information into compelling language and formats. A typical day could consist of developing engaging content about a new scientific discovery or result and supporting the development of multimedia to promote our products, applications and achievements to different audiences.
Dynamic Start-up Environment
We are a fast-growing spin-off with an informal culture, a lot of different nationalities and a strong focus on customer service and personal growth. You will get the freedom and responsibility in structuring and leading your own work and the opportunity to be involved in diverse projects.
Become part of a young and high-energy team of 50+ bright minds who are building new and truly game-changing high-tech products. Interested in how our instruments contribute to research? Check out various publications using our technology.
Perks & Benefits
LUMICKS provides competitive compensation and many opportunities to grow. We’ve got great coffee, great lunch, an awesome ping pong table and a vintage Gamecube.
Whether you are looking to engage with fundamental science or with a company that makes an impact on society & healthcare, LUMICKS offers both. Our vision is to provide tools that enable life scientists to make groundbreaking discoveries in research and in drug development.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Biology, Chemistry, Immunology or similar;
- Other degree in Scientific Journalism or Science Communications is a pre;
- Excellent writing skills in English; must provide writing samples;
- Preferably 1-3 years of experience within a commercial team, working in a pharma or biotech company;
- Copywriting is a pre;
- Understands the principles of advertising and marketing;
- Ability to grasp highly technical/scientific information, combine with corporate brand identity and convey clear product/brand messaging;
- Rapidly absorb ideas and content and distill them into accessible copy for diverse audiences;
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal communication skills, who can work with multi-cultural project teams.
- Collaborate with marketers, application scientists and product managers to execute on assigned projects;
- Manage the production of marketing collateral projects from the first brainstorm to publication;
- Identify, research, write and edit informative, compelling content in the form of e.g.: news releases, feature articles, application notes, brochures and other content – often about complex scientific or institutional topics, in clear, compelling, storytelling prose that engages and activates a wide range of audiences;
- Ensure that all customer related content is on-brand consistent in terms of style quality and tone of voice;
- Edit customer-facing content to ensure consistency of style;
- Use Search Engine Optimization principles to write engaging website content.