R&D Technician Immunology
As an R&D technician Immunology, you will be responsible for assisting the team of Application Development Scientist in the development and implementation of novel z-Movi cell-cytometry applications. You will take part in the development of the z-Movi technology within the framework of immunology and immune-oncology R&D team by assisting Application Development Scientists with experimental measurements and assay development.
Dynamic Start-up Environment
We are a fast-growing spin-off with an informal culture, a lot of different nationalities and a strong focus on customer service and personal growth. You will get the freedom and responsibility in structuring and leading your own work and the opportunity to be involved in diverse projects.
Become part of a young and high-energy team of 50+ bright minds who are building new and truly game-changing high-tech products. Interested in how our instruments contribute to research? Check out various publications using our technology.
Perks & Benefits
LUMICKS provides competitive compensation and many opportunities to grow. We’ve got great coffee, great lunch, an awesome ping pong table and a vintage Gamecube.
Whether you are looking to engage with fundamental science or with a company that makes an impact on society & healthcare, LUMICKS offers both. Our vision is to provide tools that enable life scientists to make groundbreaking discoveries in research and in drug development.
- You have at least 1-2 years of work experience with various cell
culture techniques including culture of mammalian cells like adherent,
suspension and primary;
- You have a completed HLO (Bsc) education or equivalent
- Affinity with complex instrumentation;
- Experience in quantitative image analysis of cells; Experience working
with prototype level hardware and instrumentation;
- Working knowledge of surface chemistry and surface preparation for
- Experience with enzymatic assays (ELISA);
- Experience with FACS;
Responsibilities & deliverables
- You will be responsible for carrying out regular reproducibility experiments with high accuracy and precision.
- Detailed experimental documentation and notebook maintenance will be required daily;
- Regular communication of experimental results and observations to the z-Movi R&D team;
- Working with Application Development Scientists to establish and execute assays to test the performance of the z-Movi system as it develops;
- Determine testing procedures for quantifying the z-Movi technology in coordination with the rest of R&D;
- Run assays to quantify T cell avidity;
- Explore, develop and optimize the z-Movi technology in combination with cell sorting techniques in collaboration with academia;
- Modify and adapt existing assays to explore the biology and mechanisms of T cell adhesion and tumor recognition using the z-Movi platform;
- Conduct, troubleshoot, and design experiments that drive decision making, both independently and in collaboration with colleagues to reach desired goals