Immunology Application Development Technician
The Immunology Application Development Technician is a critical role in the development of LUMICKS’ business and technology. The scientist will join our Immunology Workflow Development team, in a role which will focus on driving expansion of our z-Movi assay portfolio through the execution of laboratory work.
We are looking for a candidate experienced in quantitative biological assays with a strong background in wet lab biology, like Cell Culture. A successful candidate will be a technically-skilled, hands-on, detail-oriented, thorough biologist with a commitment to scientific excellence and the ability to work cross-functionally to execute complex projects and communicate efficiently with team members across several disciplines.
Dynamic Start-up Environment
We are a fast-growing spin-off with an informal culture, a lot of different nationalities and a strong focus on customer service and personal growth. You will get the freedom and responsibility in structuring and leading your own work and the opportunity to be involved in diverse projects.
Become part of a young and high-energy team of 50+ bright minds who are building new and truly game-changing high-tech products. Interested in how our instruments contribute to research? Check out various publications using our technology.
Perks & Benefits
LUMICKS provides competitive compensation and many opportunities to grow. We’ve got great coffee, great lunch, an awesome ping pong table and a vintage Gamecube.
Whether you are looking to engage with fundamental science or with a company that makes an impact on society & healthcare, LUMICKS offers both. Our vision is to provide tools that enable life scientists to make groundbreaking discoveries in research and in drug development.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture (adherent & suspension);
- A foundation in quantitative experimental biology;
- Experience in absolute assay development;
- Experience in quantitative data analysis;
- Experience handling complex instrumentation.
- Experience in quantitative image analysis of cells; Experience working with prototype level hardware and instrumentation;
- Working knowledge of surface chemistry and surface preparation for analytical assays;
- Prior hands-on experience with biophysical measurements;
- Experience with enzymatic assays (ELISA).
Responsibilities & deliverables
- You will be responsible for carrying out regular reproducibility experiments with high accuracy and precision;
- Detailed experimental documentation and notebook maintenance will be required daily;
- Regular communication of experimental results and observations to the R&D team;
- Working with Application Development Scientists to establish and execute assays to test the performance of the z-Movi system as it develops;
- Determine testing procedures for quantifying the z-Movi technology in coordination with the rest of R&D;
- Run assays to quantify T cell avidity for internal and external collaborators in the Netherlands and abroad;
- Explore, develop and optimize the z-Movi technology in combination with cell sorting techniques in collaboration with academia;
- Modify and adapt existing assays to explore the biology and mechanisms of T cell adhesion and tumor recognition using the z-Movi platform;
- Conduct, troubleshoot, and design experiments that drive decision making, both independently and in collaboration with colleagues to reach desired goals;
- Communicate research and development findings with internal and external partners.