Immunology Application Development Scientist
The Immunology Application Development Scientist is a critical role in the development of LUMICKS’ business and technology. The scientist will join our Immunology Workflow Development team, in a role which will focus on driving expansion of our z-Movi™ assay portfolio through the development of novel strategic partnerships and execution of laboratory work. We are looking for a candidate experienced in assay development with a strong desire to develop novel and robust experimental workflows targeting the emerging field of onco-immunology. A successful candidate will be a technically-skilled, hands-on, product-oriented immunology expert with a commitment to scientific excellence and the ability to work cross-functionally to successfully execute complex projects and communicate effectively with team members across different disciplines.
As an immunology application development scientist, you will be responsible for the development of novel z-Movi cell-cytometry applications by establishing and performing groundbreaking experiments at LUMICKS as well as in collaboration with the company’s strategic partners.
You will take ownership in the development of the z-Movi technology within the framework of immunology and immune-oncology assay development and assist PI’s in current applications of z-Movi. You will be additionally responsible for finding and developing new strategic technological partnerships in academia and industry to improve the z-Movi cell cytometry application. This includes exploring novel fields relevant to immunology in which our technology can provide significant impact. The ideal candidate will connect easily with PhD and PI level researchers in fields such as biology and immunology and demonstrate a clear understanding of their technical and application needs.
Dynamic Start-up Environment
We are a fast-growing spin-off with an informal culture, a lot of different nationalities and a strong focus on customer service and personal growth. You will get the freedom and responsibility in structuring and leading your own work and the opportunity to be involved in diverse projects.
Become part of a young and high-energy team of 50+ bright minds who are building new and truly game-changing high-tech products. Interested in how our instruments contribute to research? Check out various publications using our technology.
Perks & Benefits
LUMICKS provides competitive compensation and many opportunities to grow. We’ve got great coffee, great lunch, an awesome ping pong table and a vintage Gamecube.
Whether you are looking to engage with fundamental science or with a company that makes an impact on society & healthcare, LUMICKS offers both. Our vision is to provide tools that enable life scientists to make groundbreaking discoveries in research and in drug development.
- Solid and broad foundation in immunology;
- Experience in quantitative image analysis of cells;
- Ability to handle microfluidic systems and complex instrumentation;
- Knowledge about surface chemistry and surface preparation for analytical assays;
- Prior hands-on experience with biophysical measurements (FACS, SPR, etc.).
- Experience in absolute quantitative assay development;
- Experience with enzymatic assays;
- Familiarity with separation techniques such as HPLC, capillary gel electrophoresis.
- PhD degree in Immunology, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented and collaborative environment;
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral);
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail;
- Exceptional time management.
- Collaborate with external parties to establish z-Movi as a novel technology in immunology and immunotherapy screening;
- Establish and execute assays to test the enrichment & resolution performance of the z-Movi system;
- Determine testing procedures for qualifying the z-Movi technology in coordination with the head of R&D;
- Run assays to quantify T cell avidity for internal and external collaborators in the Netherlands and abroad;
- Explore, develop and test the z-Movi technology in combination with cell sorting techniques;
- Modify and adapt existing assays to explore the biology and mechanisms of T cell adhesion and tumor recognition;
- Plan and execute the z-Movi testing roadmap;
- Conduct, troubleshoot, and design experiments that drive decision making, both independently and in collaboration with colleagues to reach desired goals;
- Communicate research and development findings with internal and external partners.