The application scientist is the core member of Business Development team and is responsible for delivering the medium to the long-term growth strategy of the business beyond day-to-day direct sales of the LUMICKS instrument – this involves developing collaborations with key opinion leaders in the field of immunology and using their technical and scientific knowledge for on-site experimental demonstrations.
The application scientist is involved in establishing excellent relationships with potential users of LUMICKS technology, through outstanding communication skills on scientific and technical topics. Analytical skills and excellent oral and written communication capabilities are required. Intensive travel is part of the daily routine, together with operating our highly sophisticated instrument in research labs internationally.
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands, or the USA.Meet LUMICKS
What are my tasks & responsibilities?
- Develop new applications for the z-Movi™ in novel fields, and potentially tweak the z-Movi to the application
- Create strategic business development opportunities in the immunobiology field
- Develop new assays and assay options
- Perform scientific demonstrations and experiments with z-Movi or on different types of biological assays
- Develop and present technical papers at professional conferences, author articles for scientific journals and popular press, as well as present posters
- Support development of marketing materials including brochures, application notes, product data sheets and technical presentations
- Support customers with installation, training and application support on their LUMICKS instruments
What about my skills & competencies?
The position is ideal for an experienced professional who wants to be part of a dynamic team, pushing a novel breakthrough technology, and enjoys being exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically, 5 years of experience in a relevant research environment
- Extensive experience with biological applications and immunological techniques such as assay preparation, cell handling (such as cell culturing) and microscopy
- Is motivated to learn new advanced microscopy techniques unique to LUMICKS’ systems
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills with a diverse audience are critical
- Willingness to travel both within the continent as well as globally and possession of a valid passport
- Travel indication: up to 50%
Autonomy, ownership & responsibility
Be the leader of your own projects, and own them like no other. Whether you’re developing software or business, you are responsible for your work and the direction it goes.
With new positions opening up weekly and the company still growing exponentially, there are lots of opportunities to broaden your skill set.
Flat organization & open culture
At LUMICKS engagement is key. We try to align everyone on our dreams and strategies to unlock single-molecule and single-cell research.
Opportunities for creativity and innovation
A role within a fast-growing high-tech company
An international work environment with 25+ different nationalities
Lots of activities, such as yoga, board game nights, running and drinks
In-house chef, great coffee & an awesome ping pong table in Amsterdam
A beautiful workspace