Immunobiology Application Scientist / Business Development
The application scientist is the core member of Business Development team and is responsible for delivering the medium to long-term growth strategy of the business beyond day-to-day direct sales of the LUMICKS instrument – this involve developing collaborations with key opinion leaders in the field of immunology and using their technical and scientific knowledge for on-site experimental demonstrations.
The application scientist is involved in establishing excellent relationships with potential users of LUMICKS technology, through outstanding communication skills on scientific and technical topics. Analytical skills and excellent oral and written communication capabilities are required. Intensive travel is part of the daily routine, together with operating our highly sophisticated instrument in research labs internationally.
Dynamic Start-up Environment
We are a fast-growing spin-off with an informal culture, a lot of different nationalities and a strong focus on customer service and personal growth. You will get the freedom and responsibility in structuring and leading your own work and the opportunity to be involved in diverse projects.
Become part of a young and high-energy team of 50+ bright minds who are building new and truly game-changing high-tech products. Interested in how our instruments contribute to research? Check out various publications using our technology.
Perks & Benefits
LUMICKS provides competitive compensation and many opportunities to grow. We’ve got great coffee, great lunch, an awesome ping pong table and a vintage Gamecube.
Whether you are looking to engage with fundamental science or with a company that makes an impact on society & healthcare, LUMICKS offers both. Our vision is to provide tools that enable life scientists to make groundbreaking discoveries in research and in drug development.
The position is ideal for an experienced professional who wants to be part of a dynamic team, pushing a novel breakthrough technology, and enjoys being
exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
Typically, a PhD in biology or biomedical sciences with a focus in immunology or a similar discipline
- Typically, 5 years of experience in a relevant research environment
- Extensive experience with biological applications and immunological techniques such as assay preparation, cell handling (such as cell culturing) and microscopy
- Is motivated to learn new advanced microscopy techniques unique to LUMICKS’ systems
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills with a diverse audience are critical
- Willingness to travel both within the continent as well as globally and possession of a valid passport
- Travel indication: up to 50%
Responsibilities & deliverables
- Develop new applications for the z-Movi™ in novel fields, and potentially tweak the z-Movi to the application
- Create strategic business development opportunities in the immunobiology field
- Develop new assays and assay options
- Perform scientific demonstrations and experiments with z-Movi or on different types of biological assays
- Develop and present technical papers at professional conferences, author articles for scientific journals and popular press, as well as present posters
- Support development of marketing materials including brochures, application notes, product data sheets and technical presentations
- Support customers with installation, training and application support on their LUMICKS instruments