Field Service Engineer
As Field Service Engineer you are responsible for installation and service of LUMICKS complex equipment at customer sites. In this role, you communicate directly with the customer and you represent the company to the customer. LUMICKS is a fast growing and fast learning organization. We continuously incorporate the learnings and experience from the field installations and service actions into our product design. You contribute to the development process by giving input to improve ease of installation and product robustness for the next generation of products. The role will involve travel to customer sites around the world.
Locations: The Netherlands or USA
Dynamic Start-up Environment
We are a fast-growing spin-off with an informal culture, a lot of different nationalities and a strong focus on customer service and personal growth. You will get the freedom and responsibility in structuring and leading your own work and the opportunity to be involved in diverse projects.
Become part of a young and high-energy team of 50+ bright minds who are building new and truly game-changing high-tech products. Interested in how our instruments contribute to research? Check out various publications using our technology.
Perks & Benefits
LUMICKS provides competitive compensation and many opportunities to grow. We’ve got great coffee, great lunch, an awesome ping pong table and a vintage Gamecube.
Whether you are looking to engage with fundamental science or with a company that makes an impact on society & healthcare, LUMICKS offers both. Our vision is to provide tools that enable life scientists to make groundbreaking discoveries in research and in drug development.
This position is ideal for an experienced service engineer wanting to be involved with a dynamic company and part of building an install and service organization, apply and implement best practices you always wanted but did not get a listening ear.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent
- Experience with optical systems
- Experience with installing, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating complex analysis tools such as confocal microscopes.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Conduct on-site installation of complex equipment and perform on-site system acceptance tests
- Provide input to improve ease of installation and serviceability in close collaboration with Lumicks design engineers
- Provide remote and on-site troubleshooting and repair support for customers and other field service personnel
- Cultivate and develop positive working relationships with customers, system users and colleagues
- Travel (scheduled for installation and on short notice for service calls) to resolve problems at customer sites, 50 – 70%.
- Provide feedback to product quality teams
- Provide input for various reports including identifying and isolating unique problems with the system
- Act as a subject expert for installation and service and resource for training