As Field Service Engineer you are responsible for installation and service of LUMICKS complex equipment at customer sites. In this role, you communicate directly with the customer and you represent the company to the customer. LUMICKS is a fast growing and fast learning organization. We continuously incorporate the learnings and experience from the field installations and service actions into our product design. You contribute to the development process by giving input to improve ease of installation and product robustness for the next generation of products. The role will involve travel to customer sites around the world.
This position is based in the Netherlands.Meet LUMICKS
What are my tasks & responsibilities?
- Conduct on-site installation of complex equipment and perform on-site system acceptance tests
- Provide input to improve ease of installation and serviceability in close collaboration with LUMICKS design engineers
- Provide remote and on-site troubleshooting and repair support for customers and other field service personnel
- Cultivate and develop positive working relationships with customers, system users, and colleagues
- Travel (scheduled for installation and on short notice for service calls) to resolve problems at customer sites, 50 – 70%
- Provide feedback to product quality teams
- Provide input for various reports including identifying and isolating unique problems with the system
- Act as a subject expert for installation and service and resource for training
What about my skills & competencies?
This position is ideal for an experienced service engineer wanting to be involved with a dynamic company and part of building an install and service organization, apply and implement best practices you always wanted but did not get a listening ear. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent
- Experience with optical systems
- Experience with installing, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating complex analysis tools such as confocal microscopes
- Ability to deal effectively with customers
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Autonomy, ownership & responsibility
Be the leader of your own projects, and own them like no other. Whether you’re developing software or business, you are responsible for your work and the direction it goes.
With new positions opening up weekly and the company still growing exponentially, there are lots of opportunities to broaden your skill set.
Flat organization & open culture
At LUMICKS engagement is key. We try to align everyone on our dreams and strategies to unlock single-molecule and single-cell research.
Opportunities for creativity and innovation
A role within a fast-growing high-tech company
An international work environment with 25+ different nationalities
In-house chef, great coffee & an awesome ping pong table in Amsterdam
Lots of activities, such as yoga, board game nights, running and drinks
Beautiful open workspace in Amsterdam