As a Customer Success Scientist, you are part of the Customer Success team within LUMICKS and responsible to support scientists in their research using LUMICKS’ Acoustic Force Spectroscopy technology.
You support customers from top labs globally, in achieving their research goals, addressing potential issues if they arise, and are pro-actively further developing the instrument and technology. In addition, you interact with existing and new customers in meetings, (conference) presentations, and experiments. You connect easily to PhD and PI level researchers in different areas of fundamental biology through a clear understanding of their technical and application needs. You use your hands-on technical skills to set up and perform test experiments requested by customers. All-in-all you act as the trusted advisor and Subject Matter Expert to customers throughout the evaluation process and make them successful in their scientific goals.
Location: The NetherlandsMeet LUMICKS
What are my tasks & responsibilities?
- Visit research labs and work with customers to support scientists in valuable applications of LUMICKS technology, specifically the AFS system
- Give presentations and have in-depth technical discussions with customers with the objective to create a solution fit that provides the highest possible value to the customer’s research
- Perform scientific demonstrations and experiments with the AFS on different types of biological assays
- Application development and validation of experiments at customer sites
- Conduct on-site installation of complex equipment and perform on-site system acceptance tests
- Provide remote and on-site troubleshooting and repair support for customers
- Develop and present technical papers at professional conferences, author articles for scientific journals and popular press
- Support development of marketing materials including brochures, application notes, product data sheets, and technical presentations
What about my skills & competencies?
- Typically a PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Cell Biology or similar discipline, or 5 years of experience in a relevant research environment
- Extensive experience with biological applications of biophysical techniques such as Magnetic tweezers, fluorescence microscopy, or AFS, in particular with assay development
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills with a diverse audience is critical
- Willingness to travel both within the continent as well as globally and possession of a valid passport
- Travel requirement 50%
Autonomy, ownership & responsibility
Be the leader of your own projects, and own them like no other. Whether you’re developing software or business, you are responsible for your work and the direction it goes.
With new positions opening up weekly and the company still growing exponentially, there are lots of opportunities to broaden your skill set.
Flat organization & open culture
At LUMICKS engagement is key. We try to align everyone on our dreams and strategies to unlock single-molecule and single-cell research.
A role within a fast-growing high-tech company
An international work environment with 25+ different nationalities
Opportunities for creativity and innovation
In-house chef, great coffee & an awesome ping pong table in Amsterdam
Lots of activities, such as yoga, board game nights, running and drinks
A beautiful workspace