C++ Software Developer
LUMICKS is looking for a passionate developer with strong software engineering skills. Together with our software team you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the advanced microscopy software for our products. You will be involved in all aspects of the software project: UX design, implementation of the architecture, hardware integration and abstraction, high performance processing, testing, issue tracking and software engineering processes.
Dynamic Start-up Environment
We are a fast-growing spin-off with an informal culture, a lot of different nationalities and a strong focus on customer service and personal growth. You will get the freedom and responsibility in structuring and leading your own work and the opportunity to be involved in diverse projects.
Become part of a young and high-energy team of 50+ bright minds who are building new and truly game-changing high-tech products. Interested in how our instruments contribute to research? Check out various publications using our technology.
Perks & Benefits
LUMICKS provides competitive compensation and many opportunities to grow. We’ve got great coffee, great lunch, an awesome ping pong table and a vintage Gamecube.
Whether you are looking to engage with fundamental science or with a company that makes an impact on society & healthcare, LUMICKS offers both. Our vision is to provide tools that enable life scientists to make groundbreaking discoveries in research and in drug development.
We are looking for candidates that fulfill some or all of the following:
- You graduated with a BSc or MSc degree in software engineering or a related discipline, or can show equivalent professional experience
- You have a strong focus on the practical aspects of software engineering and you are aware of industry best practices
- Working experience with modern C++ (C++11 and later)
- Experience with Python and Qt is an advantage
- You enjoy working in a small and agile team and are passionate about technology
- You want to make an excellent product, like to work in a dynamic environment, and have the right getting-things-done mentality to meet occasional demanding deadlines
- You have excellent communication skills
As part of the software engineering team, you are flexible in taking on tasks spanning all aspects of software development. This can include:
- Designing, implementing, testing and maintaining our instrument control software
- Interfacing with new hardware, firmware development
- Working with our business developers and designers to create novel user interfaces that allow easy operation of complex instruments
- Software-related customer support, including on-site support of instrument users
- Optimizing software engineering processes