Within the workflow team at the LUMICKS headquarters in Amsterdam Zuid you are responsible for developing biochemical samples for single-molecule experiments and you are responsible for the quality of these products. You interact and consult with customers on biochemical related questions.
Dynamic Start-up Environment
We are a fast-growing spin-off with an informal culture, a lot of different nationalities and a strong focus on customer service and personal growth. You will get the freedom and responsibility in structuring and leading your own work and the opportunity to be involved in diverse projects.
Become part of a young and high-energy team of 50+ bright minds who are building new and truly game-changing high-tech products. Interested in how our instruments contribute to research? Check out various publications using our technology.
Perks & Benefits
LUMICKS provides competitive compensation and many opportunities to grow. We’ve got great coffee, great lunch, an awesome ping pong table and a vintage Gamecube.
Whether you are looking to engage with fundamental science or with a company that makes an impact on society & healthcare, LUMICKS offers both. Our vision is to provide tools that enable life scientists to make groundbreaking discoveries in research and in drug development.
- Interface with external parties for biochemistry preparation
- Perform protein fluorescence & DNA labeling and determine quality and functionality for single-molecule
- Ability to interface with customers for biochemical assays and sample preparation
- Interface with application specialists to support assay optimization
- Own the setting-up of LUMICKS biochemical store for single-molecule construct preparation
- Execute sample preparation of internal samples for instrument use
- Quality control of consumables
- Setting up wet-lab facility & instruments
- HBO, BSc or MSc education and minimum of 2 years of working experience in Laboratory.
- Knowledge and experience in:
– Protein purification and engineering
– Fluorescence labelling of proteins
– PCR & Oligo design
– HPLC & FPLC
– Chemistry experience for glass functionalization
– Gel electrophoresis for DNA and protein analysis
- Structured and strong in documentation
- Excellent ownership of complex projects
- Self-propelling and initiative