LUMICKS is looking for an Assistant to the CFO. As Assistant to the CFO, you get the unique opportunity to be closely involved in the decision-making process of a rapidly growing international business. The Assistant works closely together with the CFO and manages and supports in all aspects of finance, including financial analysis, accounting, treasury, tax, and strategy.
The Assistant to the CFO is an important player in the European team, reporting to the CFO and will provide financial analysis to management. This person will be the liaison between the different business units in Amsterdam and US.
To be successful in this role, you need to be technically strong, driven in delivering the best and most efficient results. You are innovative and can communicate complex accounting topics to all levels within the company.
Dynamic Start-up Environment
We are a fast-growing spin-off with an informal culture, a lot of different nationalities and a strong focus on customer service and personal growth. You will get the freedom and responsibility in structuring and leading your own work and the opportunity to be involved in diverse projects.
Become part of a young and high-energy team of 50+ bright minds who are building new and truly game-changing high-tech products. Interested in how our instruments contribute to research? Check out various publications using our technology.
Perks & Benefits
LUMICKS provides competitive compensation and many opportunities to grow. We’ve got great coffee, great lunch, an awesome ping pong table and a vintage Gamecube.
Whether you are looking to engage with fundamental science or with a company that makes an impact on society & healthcare, LUMICKS offers both. Our vision is to provide tools that enable life scientists to make groundbreaking discoveries in research and in drug development.
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Economics
- A solid understanding of financial reporting and financial processes in an international environment
- Assertive, team player and an international mindset
- Ability to work independently and accurately under strict deadlines
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in both English and Dutch
- Flexible and energetic person, hands-on mentality
- Enthusiasm and a professional attitude are also key to this position
- A good general knowledge of MS Office is essential, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Exact or similar financial reporting package
- The drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
The candidate should be comfortable with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Manage and support on a daily basis the financial reporting activities of multiple entities based in different countries, including providing guidance on policies and procedures, IT software tools and accounting issues
- Provide support for the monthly financial reporting activities of these entities including account analysis and research
- Participate in the assessment of processes and systems and improvement initiatives to advance the transnational and financial reporting effectiveness, including strengthening the quality of our reporting
- Interpret data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to identify risks & opportunities
- Assist the CFO with accounting related issues and identifies financial transactions and events not in accordance with IFRS. Applies a thorough knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Understand the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies, and procedures
- Exchange non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate requiring good oral and written communication skills
- Provide support for in time issuing the annual statutory financial statements and other financial reporting obligation for all these entities
- Assist with the data reporting and preparation of the tax filings
- Maintain and keep current a manual documenting all responsibilities and procedures performed by the financial controller function for the respective entities