As an Application Scientist, you are part of LUMICKS’ Business Development team and develop long-term business potential by exploring new areas of application for LUMICKS’ instruments for single-molecule research.
You are responsible for developing business opportunities by interacting with potential customers in meetings and (conference) presentations. You connect easily to PhD and PI level researchers in different areas of fundamental biology through a clear understanding of their technical and application needs. You use your hands-on technical skills to perform test experiments requested by potential customers. All-in-all you act as the trusted advisor to potential customers throughout the evaluation process
Locations: The Netherlands, USA or China
Dynamic Start-up Environment
We are a fast-growing spin-off with an informal culture, a lot of different nationalities and a strong focus on customer service and personal growth. You will get the freedom and responsibility in structuring and leading your own work and the opportunity to be involved in diverse projects.
Become part of a young and high-energy team of 50+ bright minds who are building new and truly game-changing high-tech products. Interested in how our instruments contribute to research? Check out various publications using our technology.
Perks & Benefits
LUMICKS provides competitive compensation and many opportunities to grow. We’ve got great coffee, great lunch, an awesome ping pong table and a vintage Gamecube.
Whether you are looking to engage with fundamental science or with a company that makes an impact on society & healthcare, LUMICKS offers both. Our vision is to provide tools that enable life scientists to make groundbreaking discoveries in research and in drug development.
- Typically a PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Cell Biology or similar discipline, or 5 years of experience in a relevant research environment.
- Fluent in English and, for the China position, Mandarin.
- Extensive experience with biological applications of biophysical techniques such as optical tweezers or fluorescence microscopy, in particular with assay development
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills with a diverse audience.
- Willingness to travel both within the continent as well as globally and possession of a valid passport.
- Travel requirement 35-50%.
- Visit research labs and work with potential customers to explore valuable applications of LUMICKS technology, specifically the C-Trap™ system.
- Give presentations and have in-depth technical discussions with potential customers with the objective to create a solution fit that provides the highest possible value to the customer’s research.
- Perform scientific demonstrations and experiments with Optical Tweezers-Fluorescence microscopes on different types of biological assays.
- Develop and present technical papers at professional conferences, author articles for scientific journals and popular press.
- Support development of marketing materials including brochures, application notes, product data sheets and technical presentations.
- Support customers with installation, training and application support on their LUMICKS instrument.