As an Application Scientist, you are part of LUMICKS’ Business Development team and develop long-term business potential by exploring new areas of application for LUMICKS’ instruments for single-molecule research.
You are responsible for developing business opportunities by interacting with potential customers in meetings and (conference) presentations. You connect easily to PhD and PI level researchers in different areas of fundamental biology through a clear understanding of their technical and application needs. You use your hands-on technical skills to perform test experiments requested by potential customers. All-in-all you act as the trusted advisor to potential customers throughout the evaluation process.
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands, USA or China.Meet LUMICKS
What are my tasks & responsibilities?
- Visit research labs and work with potential customers to explore valuable applications of LUMICKS technology, specifically the C-Trap™ system.
- Give presentations and have in-depth technical discussions with potential customers with the objective to create a solution fit that provides the highest possible value to the customer’s research.
- Perform scientific demonstrations and experiments with Optical Tweezers-Fluorescence microscopes on different types of biological assays.
- Develop and present technical papers at professional conferences, author articles for scientific journals and popular press.
- Support development of marketing materials including brochures, application notes, product data sheets, and technical presentations.
- Support customers with installation, training and application support on their LUMICKS instrument
What about my skills & competencies?
- Typically a PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Cell Biology or similar discipline, or 5 years of experience in a relevant research environment.
- Fluent in English and, for the China position, Mandarin.
- Extensive experience with biological applications of biophysical techniques such as optical tweezers or fluorescence microscopy, in particular with assay development.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills with a diverse audience.
- Willingness to travel both within the continent as well as globally and possession of a valid passport.
- Travel requirement 35-50%.
Autonomy, ownership & responsibility
Be the leader of your own projects, and own them like no other. Whether you’re developing software or business, you are responsible for your work and the direction it goes.
With new positions opening up weekly and the company still growing exponentially, there are lots of opportunities to broaden your skill set.
Flat organization & open culture
At LUMICKS engagement is key. We try to align everyone on our dreams and strategies to unlock single-molecule and single-cell research.
A role within a fast-growing high-tech company
An international work environment with 25+ different nationalities
Opportunities for creativity and innovation
In-house chef, great coffee & an awesome ping pong table in Amsterdam
Lots of activities, such as yoga, board game nights, running and drinks
A beautiful workspace